woensdag 28 september 2016

Her Rogue Alpha - Paige Tyler

Publisher: SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca

Published: September 2016

ISBN: 9781492625896

HE'LL DO ANYTHING FOR HER

Former Special Forces Lieutenant Jayson Harmon can't believe that his war scars don't matter to beautiful feline shifter Layla Halliwell. Why would she saddle herself with a broken man?

But Layla knows that Jayson is a hero to the core, and that only she can heal his wounded soul. So when Jayson is deployed on another deadly mission, no way is Layla staying behind...

X-Ops Series
Her Perfect Mate
Her Lone Wolf
Her Secret Agent
Her Wild Hero
Her Fierce Warrior
Her Rogue Alpha


My review
Okay, I have to admit, I kind of really liked all the hot and sweaty werewolf hunks from the SWAT series of Paige Tyler (you can check my review on To Love a Wolf).
So when I saw Her Rogue Alpha on Netgalley I just had to request this one. Unfortunately, if you are hooked on those yummie werewolf shifters, you may find this story of Paige a little tame. 
Oh, sure there is a lot of action, and do not forget the claws beautiful Layla has at her disposal as a feline shifter. But this book is more about Jayson, and the extensions of not only his bodily scars, but also his mental scars. Paige does a perfect job of creating the turmoil Jayson is feeling because of his broken body. How hard it must be on a guy, who was in the Special Forces, to rely on a cane and on your - not so average - strong girlfriend. Yeah, it's not only his back which is hurting, but also his pride and ego. 
So yes, a wonderful written book, with still a lot of action. And although there is enough physical attraction, I kind of missed the playful banter and witty remarks of the SWAT serie. What can I say: I'm really a werewolf-furry-kind-of-girl. 

No less, still four out of five stars for Her Rogue Alpha. I'm not sure I will continue with her X-OPS series, but I'm keeping my eye out for the next SWAT book.    
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten